There are many good reasons to book your stay in Apulia at B&B Villa Lavanda
You stay with a Dutch hostess who speaks English well and that’s not so easy to find here in Apulia. This is also important for your breakfast. The average Italian really doesn’t understand a thing about cheese, cold cuts and eggs at breakfast. If you stay with Italian hosts you will usually get cornetti (croissants) and an assortment of other sweet stuff like cakes and the likes. In general you won’t find any savoury items at the Italian Breakfast table.
Villa Lavanda is very nicely situated in the countryside, but at a very central point for exploring a large part of the region and also the (beaches of) both coasts. Next door is an Agriturismo restaurant and at 1.5 km. another. A total of 51 restaurants and pizzerias in and around Noci.
Swimming in the Adriatic- or Ionian Sea is usually possible until about October 22.
With my Apulia book you actually do not need any preparations for exploring Apulia, because it is your guide for the entire region.
Who are the Guests of Villa Lavanda
Profile of the guests of Villa Lavanda: so far between 20 and 83 years old. Children: none yet or they already live on their own or couples take a break without them. Many of the guests visit places of interest such as churches and castles and also the Baroque architecture. Alberobello and the Itrie valley with their trulli are also very popular, but also the beaches on the Adriatic and Ionian coast. Some are not so fond of cultural outings and prefer to keep it a bit more common with picturesque old town areas or fishing ports. Everyone actually likes cozy terraces and the delicious Apulian food with accompanying wine. The guests enjoy the beautiful landscapes, but in time also just here on the verandas with a glass of wine and a book. Relaxing is also a characteristic of many of the guests of Villa Lavanda. In short, something for everyone. We have no small children staying here, so your rest is assured. Only in the months of July and August sometimes a family with a child of at least 10 years.
The following services are included during your stay:
- Always a private bathroom.
- Every day a delicious and rich breakfast which every day is varied, is included, even if you have an early flight. Homemade marmalades and cold cuts, eggs, fruit and yogurt and different every day.
- At Villa Lavanda not the usual sweet breakfast! On booking we also ask for your preferences.
- Usually breakfast is served on the covered veranda.
- We can take your dietary needs into account.
- You can indicate this in the breakfast form that we will send you in advance.
- Free Wi-Fi in and around Villa Lavanda.
- Parking on site.
- Touristic information in the guest-lounge.
- The use of robes, slippers and a blow dryer and of course you’ll find shampoo, shower gel and conditioner in your bathroom.
- All rooms have a small safe.
- A basket with picnic necessities (no food), beach towels and -bag, also a picknick plaid etc. to use during your exploration of Apulia or a visit to the beach.
- You can also borrow a parasol for the beach and folding chairs.
- We have a cosy guest lounge with coffee-and tea facilities and with a fridge/honesty bar and a Smart TV with most Dutch stations and some Flamish channels (many English Language programs) and all international news channels.
- Here you will also find additional tourist information.
- a key to the guest entrance, that makes that you can come and go as you like.
- the use of 3 veranda’s with garden furniture.
- In your room my Apulia book with lots of information about the region with the nicest places and the most interesting excursions as well as the most beautiful beaches and the best restaurants.
- A separate guide for the recommended restaurants in your room.
- A link to the best car rental comparison site.
For early bookers: in case of a stay of at least 7 nights the possibility to occupy the room until 08:00 PM in case of a late return flight in case no new guest arrive that very same day for your room. The same goes for an early arrival. You can arrive already from 09:00 AM if the room is free from at least the morning before your arrival. Since we do not know that at the time of your booking, let us know if you want to use this possibility if available. The normal departure time is before 10:30 AM and arrival after 4:00 PM in connection with the cleaning of the room and the washing of all bedding, the dressing gowns and slippers.
If the option to arrive early / leave late due to previous / subsequent bookings is not available, you can always drop off your luggage earlier or leave it behind.
Every year, if you book at least 7 nights directly with us for the coming year between the last week of November (Black Friday) and the end of February, you will be offered a dinner at Agriturismo Vecchia Mastro Marco.
For a small fee we also offer the following services: the use of our washing machine, ironing board and iron incl. detergent and softener. The fee is 5 euros per use.
You can always dry your beach towels at the clothesline. The fee for the tumble dryer is also 5 euros per use.
Bicycle rent at 10 euros per day.
We have various workshops and customization is possible. Look here for more information.